11/29/2016 6:49:34 PM
The cooler morning temperatures are very refreshing after the hot and humid summer months. As the temperatures begin to cool off, REO Agents and Bank Asset Managers need to begin schedule winterizations on their distressed properties. REO Agents and Asset Managers know that winterizing a distressed property can prevent costly water damage to ceilings, walls and floors and, most importantly, costs associated with mold resulting from ruptured water lines.
Typically a winterization involves:
• shut off the main water valve;
• draining the hot water heater;
• blowing out the water lines with compressed air;
• removing water from the toilet tanks and bowls;
• add non-toxic antifreeze to all drains and toilets; and
• post all necessary winterization notices.
If you need to schedule a winterization call Blue Granite’s property preservation department at 866.981.5096 or email our property preservation department at email@example.com.